01 December 2005

Murphy lives

Yep, he sure does. I'm normally healthy as a horse, riding out even massive breakouts in my unit without so much as a sniffle. Well, having been given the chance, I decided to take a few days off. BAM! Nobody is feeling under the weather but me. Don't think I'm complaining, though. I think this is downright funny for the pure irony. I have only once been sick during duty time, but that was in Basic and a trip to gas chamber cured that. I always get sick on vacation or weekends, never when I have to do something. No matter, I got my tea going, I got plenty of rum on hand, and a bag of Ricola. Bring it on! Hopefully, I can dispatch this with the usual speed so I can get to snowboarding.

Incidentally, there is a cure for the common cold: CS Tear Gas. Spend a minute of two breathing that, and anything that has taken up residence in your nose or throat will be dead as a doornail and you, after the effects pass, will be right as rain. It's a spicy meatball, CS, but you'll feel great afterwards. I had a bad, bad, fever and all this junk in my head the week I did chemical warfare training in Basic. It was all I could do to hide it so I would not have to go to the hospital. I pulled through, but I was about ready to keel over... until the gas chamber. I went in a sick man. I came out, after a good deal of... fun... cured. It was like a light switch. Somehow, I don't think that this 'treatment' will ever catch on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home