11 November 2005

Victories

Happy belated birthday to the United States Marine Corps, the finest fighting men on the planet! ... I mean that, too. I love the Air Force and what we do, but getting boots on ground and physically taking graound is not our bag. That's the Marine Corps' bag, and damn if they are not the best at it of anyone!

It's also Veteran's Day. Today is a time set aside to explicitly honor those who have fought for us in past and those who fight on now. The men of the past that we honor have set a very high standard, one that I pray I can live up to. However, I think it is important to realize that the fight never ends. We can never rest, never stand down. I'm okay with that, though. Everything that we have fought for has been worth the price and what we fight for now is worth it as well. Each of us can play a role, too. You don't have to be in the military to contribute to the fight for freedom. Find your niche, do what you can. It all adds up, because all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Today, we honor those who did something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home