10 November 2005

Odds

Funny thing about people: It's winter, okay, late fall... It's Colorado... Therefore, it must be cold... Since it's so cold, people are bundled up in coats.
Now, it's also 70 degrees... yes, the coats are still on... DOWN PARKAS!
Winter does not really exist here. People talk about winter, but you have go up to the mountains to see it. I spent most of the winter last year in a t-shirt... I have asked some of these bundled people why they are wearing coats, and sure enough, "It's November!" they say.

And now for something completely different: a man who's completely lost his mind.


Moving right along, how is this art? I may have completely lost my mind, but what is there about that... thing... that is even remotely artistic? What does it portray? It looks like nothing, like paint poured onto a canvas. I don't want to be spoon fed, but throw me a bone. By the way, look at how much it sold for... So tell me, what do I need to do to make pile of sheet metal into into an objet d'art that sells for oodles of cash? What separates that thing from, say, this:

(Props to Central Diesel Supply for the 'art')

Shall I stack it nicely, weld into a box form, and then attack it with a die grinder? Will it be worthy of art status then? Oh, wait... title... hmmmm... I got it! I shall call it 'I am curious: sorta greyish-silver with a green patina'.

I am pleased to see the launch of ESA's Venus Express probe... I can't wait to see the things it finds!

Funny thing about people II: folks who drive a four wheel drive SUV ('cause this is Colorado, and you never know what the weather will do) and run on bald tires...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home