08 December 2005

From the Great Frozen South

It was -5 today when I left the gym... in my shorts.
It warmed up to -4 by the time my truck died.
Ironically, after spending two hours outside bare legged, it was my nose and protected toes that froze.

How cold is -4? Every switch in my truck was frozen except the ones on the radio. I was not too impressed. It started though... of course it also made it all of a hundred yards before it died.

The good news was that it died on base. This meant that there was no shortage of help. A few of us pushed the truck all the way back to a parking lot so it would not be in anybody's way and I began to work on it. The trouble turned out to be a frozen battery, and I mean frozen solid. By the time I figured that out, the BX was open so I just bought a new one. No harm done, but I did miss the post-PT Le Peep run. My toes still feel cold...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home