10 December 2005

The 1911 Reborn

I took my 1911 back out to the range after replacing the old springs in it with new ones and got a nice surprise. The gun shoots better than before, and this is the same gun that already thought so highly of. I also gave it a slightly longer trigger and a full length guid rod. Those two parts are going to take some getting used to because they change hand postion and gun balance, but I'm still very happy with them. As much as I hate to say it, that pistol is almost done. What's more, I can't do any of the work left: it's time for real sights and I am not about to cut that slide up with my dremel... even if I did all the rest of the work on that gun with it. I guess I can trust a professional to put a pair of dovetails in the slide. Maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home