13 May 2005

Base Closures

It seems that there will be some military bases shutting down, but no word yet on whice ones. The Department of Defense has found that we are still geared a bit too much to the Cold War and not enough towards more immediate threats. To remedy this, all of the Armed Forces are re-examining their priorities, capabilities, and methods of operation.
For what it's worth, all of the service heads (Adm. Vern Clark, Gen. John P. Jumper, Gen. Michael W. Hagee, Gen. Richard A. Cody) agree on the closure list, a fact that I find somwhat encouraging.

I can actually think of some bases that we could do without, but I have no idea how much it would cost to move their missions... I'll leave it to the Generals...
As long as whatever happens makes our military stronger and our nation safer, I'm for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home