02 May 2006

Asides

  • Florence King has an increadible piece in the last National Review It's not comedic like I'm used to from her, but that's so irrelevant in the face of how smart it is. She writes about people who have no health insurance and how the natural tendancy of humans to take what ever they can get has driven health care and health insurance costs through the roof. I can pretty well sum up the artical in one sentance: A good idea applied to all will usually go bad. I didn't notice it on the general section of NRO, though. Sooo, go get National Review.
  • I just tried this meat seasoning called Tiger Sauce, made by the Reilly Foods Company in new Orleans. It's a spicy sauce/marinade/seasoning that has a slight sweetness to it. it's almost Cajun, but has some definite oriental flavor as well. For something tasty and different, I highly recomend it. I'm hooked and it does wonderful things to fish and tofu. I have not tried it on turf-critter meat yet.
  • I was too lazy to buy anything yesterday to counter protest the declared festivities. Also, I didn't really need anything. Oh well. Traffic seemed less dense, though. I enjoyed that. I hope there are more of these protests if they have this effect on traffic.
  • Spring showed up this week, like God went 'zap' and ended winter. That fast, I do not kid. It's also possible that I didn't notice until now. In fact, that seems mmore likely.
  • Time to swap the snowboard for the mountain bike... there shall be pictures. It does not look like I'll make Moab this year, though. Bummer.
  • From my Dad... Check this out. It's called Day by Day, a comentary cartoon on politics, but also life in general. I like it. Sunday's was especially on point.
  • Ever been walking in the rain at such an altitude that if you stepped up even five feet, you'd wind up in snow? It was as beautiful as it was surreal. It's amazing to have a snow line that you can bounce across at will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home