02 September 2005

Perspective

We have people killing each other over ice. We have gunmen attacking police to cover robberies. We have loons shooting at rescue vehicles! If these people can't play nice, kill the bastards. I think I just made a post on how I don't like to see an unborn child put to death... and now I find myself calling for death of some adults. Conflict? No. If you are shooting at a rescue vehicle, you just resigned from the human race. If you are taking advantage of disaster and misery to steal jewelry, you ought to hang like the rat thief you are. In this situation, the only acceptable course of action is to help out as best you can. If you can't help, don't get in the way... of course, why am I typing this? Nobody who should read it will... Even if they could, any animal who would capitalize on this is not even worth speaking to. There will be a special place in hell for these pirates... right next to the child rapists and genocidal maniacs. By the way, I'm angry!

There is talk of sending active duty military down there for security... pick me... please! I was told yesterday that I will most likely not be doing anything but my usual mission, but I can try, right? I bet we could do without up to half our unit for a while.

We also have people criticizing the government for not doing enough soon enough, for failing to have infrstructure in place, blah, blah, blah... Are people ever happy? What did anyone fail to do but leave? Nobody is to blame for this. While I will go to my death defending individual responsibility, some things are nobody's fault... like hurricanes, for example. The natural disaster can't be blamed on anyone.
I'd also like to note that the National Guard was not there from the get-go because they recognized how useless they would be if all their equipment was destroyed. I'd further point out that help is slow to arrive because fuel is getting very scarce, and much of the way in is shut. Runways are destroyed (but Engineers have gotten the Keesler runway able to handle C-130 and C-17 transports and are working on the one at New Orleans. We are trying. My base, a space base for crying out loud, is sending people down there, even (I'm still trying to get down there). Enough with the criticism! Now is not the time. Now is the time to find ways to help out, from sending money to the Red Cross to not using fuel to providing a home for displaced people.

I'm praying, I'm hoping, and I'm looking to lend my talents and abilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home