26 August 2005

With great vengeance and furious anger...

Behavior like this and this must be nipped right now!

I suspect that the first incident is not related to military service, but we shall see if the vermin are ever caught... either way, I'd like to see them rot. I'm looking for more info on the second incident. All I can figure so far is that it happened/is still possibly happening.

No matter what you think of the wars our country (and Great Britian... and Canada... and Australia... and Poland... and Germany... and Japan...) are involved in, under no circumstances is it acceptable to berate the soldiers who went there. To demonstrate against wounded soldiers... there is a special place in hell, to quote Firefly... Nobody I have ever met would do such a disrespectful and unnacceptable thing, but then maybe I'm wrong because there are people out there who are doing this!

I'm going to try and find out more about this and see if I can't find a name. The names of such shameful need to get out so that the holders of those names can be corrected, or failing that, shunned.

Some, however, get it right. Read all the comments, too: This is more like it... I'd be humbled to the ground by that, but anyway... That was a cool story even if it is over the top...

1 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

Quite right. Protesting outside the hospital is a disgusting tactic. I’d say the media are quite right to be denying them publicity.

The military didn’t make the decision to go to war and you can be damn sure those soldiers didn’t choose to get injured. No matter what you think of the war itself, the protestors should not be harassing soldiers who have shed blood for their country. If you want to protest at all go do it outside the White House or Congress. Leave the wounded alone; let them recuperate in peace!

26 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home