30 August 2005

Don't Panic

Remain calm at all times, especially while driving. I don't care if there is a spider on your face. Keep at least one hand on the wheel at all times... your life, not even your car, is worth risking for the sake of an arachnid. Now, before you think that I've gone without sleep for three days again, I'd like to point out that I bring this topic up because a woman in Germany decided that a good reaction to a spider on her face would be to let go of her vehicle's directional control... I'm judging by what hapened next that she made no effort to slow down. What happened next? Oh, her car, without guidance but still possessing considerable forward speed, found its way to a tree... The vehicle did not stop even close to on time. I can't blame the car, as cars have never been noted for their intellect or decisiveness. On top of that, the driver was not too helpful about telling the car what to do because she was too busy screaming.

Please, PLEASE, do not be like her! If I get creamed by an effectively pilotless vehicle because the pilot was doing something other than driving, I will be very upset. In all seriousness, there is nothing a spider can do to you that matches what a car crashing into sationary object can. Panic kills... don't do it... ever.

By the way, you arachnaphobes out there might want to stop reading here.

Okay, I don't know if it's really a spider, but the Demodex folliculorum does have eight legs. It lives in hair follicles... human hair follicles. Nearly everyone has them. Like Earth though, they're mostly harmless.
The moral of the story? There's always something crawling around on/in your face. Chill. Don't let go of the wheel. You'll be fine. Oh, the German lady... she's fine. Her car didn't make it, though. Is a spider worth a car?
This sort of reminds me of a woman I met who was afraid of moths of all things... she just about went into cardiac arrest anytime she saw one. I'm guessing that this woman in Germany behaved in a similar manner around arachnids and some fool let her get away with it. Okay, I am sleep deprived...

Spiders and cars aside, don't panic. It's never the right thing to do.
Don't panic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One study done showed that on average, people fear spiders more than death. Not that they should, a vast majority of spiders are totally harmless to humans. Besides, spider flicking is a one hand activity. I'm sorry, but she's an idiot.

11 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home