17 May 2006

The Critics

Seems many critics hate the Da Vinci Code... which makes me actually want to see it.
I mean, the pros must HATE this one, Rotten Tomatoes has it a 0%! The NYT reviewer apparently liked, and REALLY liked it, but he is a minority.Interestingly enough, I don't see any middle ground at all so far.
I'm a pretty contrary person (I'm getting better, though) when it comes to a lot of things, and the unbelievably negative coverage has me thinking that this must be a gem.
Incidentally, I have not read nor plan on reading the book. My reading list is far too long already...
I have a stack of books that I bought last year that I have yet to open, for example.
Hopefully I can shoehorn this film in somewhere between all the other stuff that's going on... say, isn't X-men 3 coming out soon? Hmmm, I may need to spend an afternoon at the theater...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home