10 March 2006

Made in Sweden

It still counts for something, unlike with some cars.

I was out at the range a few days ago and witnessed an accident of sorts. I needed to bring back a target, so I dumped the mag, locked my bolt open, and set the rifle down on my rifle case. Off I went to get the target.
A huge gust of wind came out of the hills with some colorful expressions from my friend. When I got back, I discovered that my rifle had been blown off the table. It fell four feet to the ground, where the Aimpoint sight, under the weight of the rifle, hit a rock...
Scopes break right? This one didn't. The rail it was on though, was mangled. So, the Aimpoint, made in Sweden, came out fine. The rifle, made in America, was fine. The iron sights didn't even lose zero. The scope rail is done, though, I mean DONE. It's all bent up now. Where am I going with this? Aimpoint rules. Oh, and leave guns UNLOADED, like I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home