01 February 2006

Nonsense

Why the hell has Andrea Yates been offered bail? For those of you unfamiliar, She drowned her five children a few years back. This is insane. If I lived in Texas, I'd be on the phone with my rep.

A soldier publicly asks what many of us are wondering:
"Why do you think this is such a huge story?" wrote an officer stationed in Baqubah, Iraq, Monday via e-mail. "It's a bit stunning to us over here how absolutely dominant the story is on every network and front page. I mean, you'd think we lost the entire 1st Marine Division or something.


This morning, John Kerry demonstrated beautifully how unhinged the Democrats are becoming with an overenthusiastic misrepresentaion of high school graduation figures (the rate is 84 percent, Kerry used a figure about two thirds of that)... He also insinuated that the Bush tax cuts only applied to the wealthy. I guess I'm rich now... 'cause I saw a tax cut under that plan.
That's terrific.But 53 percent of our children don't graduate from high school. Kids don't have after-school programs... He didn't ask America to sacrifice anything to achieve great goals and the biggest example is making the tax cut permanent for the wealthiest people in America. The average American struggles to find time to take carry of families, working two or three jobs... It's a disgrace. He did not tell the real state of the union.

Man, he's barely making sense... I'd be interested know how a tax cut doesn't help a working family. Also, while the cut applied to the wealthy, it, in fairness, applied to everyone else.

...And with so many people focusing on what certain people looked like at the State of the Union address, I'd like to mention I nearly died laughing when I saw Hillary Clinton simultaneously smile and frown. I nearly died laughing again when the Democrats cheered over the lack of a plan to save Social Security... "YAY, we shot down the plan to save Social Security! WOOT!"
Sure, I was in a punchy mood...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home