02 January 2006

Munich

I saw it. I loved it. I don't care that it is not a History Channel documentary... in truth, to tell the full story of revenge would be way more boring than the story told in here. On the other hand, the portrayal of the Munich incident itself was eerily real. Forget what Spielberg was trying to do with movie, just watch it. It's a good story and very dramatic, even if a few events were telegraphed and a few scenes horribly clichéd.
I don't know who played Golda Meir, but whoever she was, she was a dead ringer for the real McCoy... maybe not quite as thin, but the resemblence was spectacular enough to make me forget for a while that the people on screen where people on the screen.
Here is what I mean, with the real Meir and the one from the film:

Above pic is from IGN.com, btw...

Oh by the way, NOT for the faint of heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home