19 December 2005

No Way!

A UCLA study has concluded a left-leaning bias in the MSM! Whoa! Next thing they'll tell us is that the earth is round! Like, no way! Reading that article was downright painful, like listening to some sophomoric description of a field in which you are an expert. However, it's nice to see published what most of us already know... at least I think it's most of us. I hope it's most of us. Maybe I'm extra sensitive to media bias because so few outlets slant their stories my way, but I think it's obvious that there are no objective media and that most are slanted heavily to the left. I'd even go so far as to say that few media outlets even tell the truth these days, as right now the economy is doing very well and the GWOT is going spectacularly well... but few MSM outlets are saying that, they are saying the opposite. Is that slant, incompetence, or malevolent misinformation? There is definitly a slant component to it and incompetence would suggest an unpredictable and wildy varying slant. Make of that what you will...

This reminds me a bit of that story in Time magazine, breaking the news that men and women were different and acting as if it were some epiphany... I am ammused once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home