17 December 2005

Tales of the Ride 2:The explosive sequel!

I thought snowboarding was going great today: I was doing carved turns, going really fast, I was really catching on. I was doing so well that the awesome airman known as Ghettorig took me down a steep trail... to a small cliff. I'm not exagerating, this was an honest cliff, 70+ degrees. There was no way down but over, so over I went, shouting 'I HATE YOU!' as I flapped my arms like a bird, hoping against all I knew of physics that this act would make the landing better. It didn't.

We kept going before I could ask anything stupid like 'where are we going?'... down we wnet, into the moguls. This is my third time boarding folks, and these moguls pushed the limits of what I can do on skiis. The only way was through... Then suddenly, I realized that I was pulling it off... and enjoying it! My legs were protesting madly, but I made it through the first set. Ghettorig told me to quit trying to carve them, so I attacked the next set and felt pretty good doing it.

Then it got steep. Ghettorig took off into the woods, leaving me to fend for myself. I spotted him, though, at the base of another little cliff. I decided that I survived one cliff already and there were only a few trees at the bottom of this one, so I decided to go over it to avoid the Volkswagens that confronted me. Having learned that the birdman appraoch does not work at all, I went over relaxed, save for the Burton arm... oh, it was sweet, the impact cushioned by about three feet of unmarked powder.

It was quite the day, but I think I can take on most of the mountain now... Ghettorig may have a sadistic streak, but I'm learning fast under his ideas... so next up, Charlie Foxtrot learns to jump. This should be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home