23 April 2005

Earth Day

Plant a tree, cut down a tree that is crowding others... Yes, that's right: forest management is a GOOD thing... Trees are so cool.

There's a lot of stuff making me see red right now, but it's a day of green, so I won't bother with it. You get to hear about my bike ride instead...

I made the third flight on my new Specialized Hardrock Comp... It was all on paved trails, so I didn't get to unleash the beast at all. I did get to see no less than a dozen mule deer, although it could have been the same six twice. I also ran into clouds of sleepy (it was chilly out) mousquitos so thick that they seemed to slow me down. Not nice. Colorado is not supposed to have that many mousquitos! Shoot, I saw more mousquitos today than all my time ever spent in Colorado before... EVER...

I need to find some propper trails for that bike, though. A few days ago, I took it down into some floodplains with plenty of hills and prairie dog mounds and just went to town... that bike positively begs for twists and air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home