07 June 2006

06 JUN 06

I realized from listening to the radio what today's numerical designation was... hmm... six-six-oh-six... or just 666. People are acting wierd. By that I mean a bit wierder than usuall because people always act wierd. Side note: If people always act wierd... that would mean that my view of wierd is normal and that I'm wierd. Oh well, it's my show and I say that people are acting wierd.

For an example of wierd, there were some mothers that tried to either induce labor yesterday or hold out until tomorrow because they are afraid of the date.

So much for a modern, enlightened time. I guess superstition never dies.
In my arrogant oppinion, today is just a day. I mean, it's D-Day, but other than that, it's just hot day in June... just like yesterday or tomorrow. Also, whose calendar is the right one? Today is also 10 Sivan(3) 5766. You could say 9 Jumaada al-awal(5) 1427 with equal credibility. So we have 6-6-06, 10-3-66, 9-5-27, 2453892, 3-16-28... I could go on. It's just a day, a number is just a number, even when it's a clever/really dumb marketing device for yet ANOTHER remade movie.

666 does show up in the Bible as a number connected with some really bad stuff, and being a believer in that book, I have to take what it says seriously. What I don't take seriously is the idea that today somehow belongs to Satan or any other such nonsense.

The number itself is as insignificant as any other. If you insist on believing that the day now called 6-6-06 is bad, consider this: God beat Satan twice. Once when he kicked him out of heaven and again when Jesus came back to life. On top of that, God is winding up for the hat trick that is the aftermath of the end of days. If you don't believe in God, well then believing in Satan is a few meters past too stupid to live. So what are people afraid of?

I sit back, observe, and am ammused and confused. The only significance I give this day is the D-Day 62nd aniversary.

For some fun with the number 666, see NRO and IMAO, and doutbless about 10% of blogs in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home