01 October 2005

I like the fall

...this is my favorite time of year... but ask me in winter or spring and I'll name them as favored seasons... summer is really the only one I don't like. In New England, it was the blackflies, nasty little hellspawn that are small enough to get through nearly anything, but pack the punch of a deerfly... also they are immune to repelent. In Mississippi... well, I don't think time of year has much bearing on my hatred of that place. Out here, it's the dry and the heat.

I just noticed the first touch of new snow up in the mountains, and that positively makes me giddy. It's still fairly green down here, but a lot of the field grasses died suddenly not long ago.

Now, to get the energy to do something with all of this... I need to chop wood or hunt to make this fell right. Can't do either right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home